Prompt: How can you adjust your planned learning activities to meet the needs of your learners if an unexpected event occurs? (for example, a pandemic arises and many of your employees must now work from home – how will you ensure that they can still do their jobs? What training will they need, and how will you deliver it, knowing they must remain at home?) This is a common discussion thread right now as many schools and universities have made the switch to teaching online.

As the title says, this is a very timely question, as most countries worldwide have been severely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. To control the development of the epidemic, most schools and enterprises choose to work online. As the learning Designer, I will make a more detailed learning schedule when such situations occur and try to make elaborate learning arrangements for each day. Also, I will upload the related learning materials in various formats, such as PDF and Word versions, to facilitate the needs of different learners. In addition, for online teaching, I will insist on synchronous instruction to ensure students’ learning status. Still, I will record the video simultaneously to facilitate students’ review after class and improve the knowledge content. Language learning requires a corresponding language environment so that I will enrich the interactive links in my learning plan. For example, I will do more questioning in the teaching process and record the participation rate of students. In addition, the proportion of attendance should be increased in the assessment plan to increase students’ enthusiasm as well. Teaching online will certainly distract students, so I will add more interactive activities to arouse students’ interest in learning.